16 November 2016 Journal Page and lots of news and links



My favorite pages are the ones that I can remember how I felt when I created them. What moved me, what angered me, what made my heart beat fast, what brought me to tears. I loved every minute of working in this little recycled journal (made from a recycled mailer, paper, etc...) and the direction that it pushed me in.

Big thanks to everyone who took the time to comment on yesterday's post or emailed me suggestions. I've added a few blogs to the post.

Been doing a lot of prep work lately. I'm teaching a new class this Sunday in Mar Vista and four brand new classes next weekend in Northern California. I'm also cleaning out and bringing some goodies to my classes in Northern California. We'll be doing giveaways and more during the classes as a way of saying thanks and goodbye to Maria's wonderful studio in Niles. It's been a great gathering place for so many of us for the last few years. Maria is also selling art supplies and more during the month (if you need more info, drop me an email at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net and I'll put you in touch with her.) Just a note, too, that while she is closing her studio, we'll be continuing classes at her home a few minutes down the street. 

I have a big announcement that I'm hoping to post tomorrow. Hint, it has to do with new collage sheets... 

I posted a few videos of recent journals (and upcoming classes) to Instagram (you don't need an account to see these, you should just be able to click on each link):

Two of my most recent completed journals. The first was done July-September. The second was done on my 3 week cross country road trip in June. I wanted the pages to remind me visually of what I experienced driving back and forth across the country (from the worst of things to the best of things, I wanted every emotion and experience represented and documented): insane amounts of fireflies in certain states dancing along the highways, devastating and unbelievable poverty near Niagara Falls (entire neighborhoods were completely empty for blocks), clouds unlike anything I've ever seen, miles of empty, open roads, etc... I wanted to challenge myself visually with documenting the enriching experience. I'll be teaching four workshops from these books next weekend at Maria's studio in Niles, CA and one of the workshops this Sunday in Los Angeles.

This book is extremely special to me. I worked on it while my husband was in and out of the hospital last year. I'll be teaching this book over a rare weekend long workshop in Taos, NM in November. I'm really excited as I have some new ideas to share for this book and I love being able to teach one workshop over an extended period of time.

Here are four of my latest journals from over the last couple of years. I'll be teaching workshops on them  at CraftFusion in Mesa, AZ (a new to me place.) The journals are in the store now. I hope that you'll love these books as much as I do. I love how different each one is and that you can see my style changing as I experiment and play. 

Thanks for looking!

Comments

Popular Posts